Fr John Langtry was the first appointed priest of John The Baptist church on the 16th of January 1985.
He was the founding Parish Priest of Bonnyrigg Heights and was the motivational force behind the new school.
It was Fr. John who suggested to Cardinal Freeman that the new College be named in his honour. Cardinal Freeman agreed and he officially opened stage 1 on 30th June, 1985. The new school began in 6 demountable classrooms with 105 students and 9 teachers.
Today the school is a well resourced College with modern facilities catering for the needs of 1300 students and a teaching and support staff of 114.